Welcome to the blog of a teen and her life with 9 dogs!
These ramblings are best read with a hot cuppa' coffee in your hand and warm slippers on your feet.


Saturday, February 4, 2012

"When life seems to be at a stand still, create your own momentum!"

Well, there’s not much to report on this end.

The temperatures and lack of snow cancelled the Mackinaw Mush…again.

We were really hoping to run that race as it’s the one that started this whole thing for me. Six years ago today, while standing on the sidelines at the starting chute, I was bitten by the mushing bug.

Many years before that, when I was 3 and 4 and 5 years old, I ran in the little kiddie race they had there which was basically a 100 yard dash.


I used someone else's dog and someone else's sled of course and I had a blast! I still have one of the little trophies they gave away to each kid who ran.

Sigh** Oh well, maybe next year. I’ve said that a lot this past month…”Maybe next year…”


Ok, enough of the depressing stuff…we all know there’s a bright side to life too.

Today we ran a fun race with some friends of ours up North since the other race was cancelled. I don’t remember what we placed but we ran about 5 miles in 19 something minutes. Placings and times didn’t matter though—it was just for fun. And it was! Lots of beautiful trails, hot dogs (the kind you eat…hehe ), and regular musher camaraderie.

Fun times!

I also got to take Sydney (AKA Rory the new dog…I changed her name to Sydney) for a run (her 2nd time in harness with me) and she did superb!! I took her out with 3 of my friend’s dogs as I had already raced mine and she never slacked off the line once. She looked like she enjoyed herself as well!

Part of me wants it to be next fall already so I can start seriously training her with the team. I think we have a star on our hands!

The other part of me wants it to be next weekend already! Since we have had such a lack of a racing season, we’re thinking about traveling to Wisconsin next weekend to the Three Bears race. This would be our first out-of-state race!

Provided they have snow of course. Haha

Well after racing today and rearranging the dog yard when I got home—I’m ready for a shower!

Remember: THINK SNOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment