Welcome to the blog of a teen and her life with 9 dogs!
These ramblings are best read with a hot cuppa' coffee in your hand and warm slippers on your feet.


Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring has sprung...and it's not even spring yet....

It is true! Spring is here...and yes, I am happy with that! I'm glad that the roller coaster of a winter we had is over. We're hoping for a better season next year!

Now that spring is (unofficially) here and the temps are a steady 60 to 70 degrees ( I wonder how long they'll stay that way...), it's time to get back in the saddle. My borrowed horse, Dixie, and I had our first ride on Friday and it went very well! The first horseback ride in the spring is always interesting...some horses have a tendency to act like un-broke fools the first ride and then they remember all of their training the second and go back to being themselves.

This, however, was not the case for Dixie! It was like we never stopped riding last fall--she just picked up right where we left off. I'll take that over getting flung around in the saddle any day!

My horse, Buckshot, will be next. I have a feeling he won't be so compliant since he's technically not trained yet. I'll have to take it slow with him...especially after my fall off of him last October. I DO NOT want to come that close to breaking my hip ever again!

*Sigh* I'll say the one good thing about having barely any snow during the winter is how little snow there is to melt come spring. I can actually enjoy spring this year since we're not drowning in mud like usual!
I know, I know...I may be putting the cart before the horse here...there are still a few months of spring left. April showers bring May flowers they say so we have spring rain to get through yet!

Well, get out there and enjoy this early spring everybody! Soak up the sunshine, plant those flowers, rake that yard (ugh), you know the drill...behold spring cleaning! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment