Welcome to the blog of a teen and her life with 9 dogs!
These ramblings are best read with a hot cuppa' coffee in your hand and warm slippers on your feet.


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Seventeen years ago yesterday, a little baby was born in the wee hours of the morning.

That little baby was me!

Yesterday I celebrated my 17th birthday.
I'm yet another year older and (hopefully) another year wiser. lol

My friend and I spent the day baking pumpkin pies, boiling caramel apple cider, making manacotti, and then devouring all of the above.
That's one of many things that makes me glad my birthday is in the fall; I get to eat yummy things like pumpkin pies and caramel apple cider.
Other things that make me enjoy a fall birthday are the beautiful fall colors, the crisp fall air, the start of fall training, the activities you do in the fall such as making pumpkin pies, hay rides, picking pumpkins from a pumpkin patch and then carving them. Fall is really a great time of the year.

When I was little, my dad used to tell me that when the geese flew South, my birthday was not far off. So, every time the geese flew over our house, my dad would take me outside so I could see them.
Now the migrating geese are a constant reminder of my upcoming birthday.

I thank God for every year he has given me. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything!

So Happy Birthday to all of you Octobers. Have a wonderful day!
Of course my cake had something to do with dogs. lol

Peace, Love, Sled Dogs

2 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday Anna!! Have a wonderful fall season. I hope to run into you some time, perhaps at Karla's house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope we get to meet as well!

    ReplyDelete