Welcome to the blog of a teen and her life with 9 dogs!
These ramblings are best read with a hot cuppa' coffee in your hand and warm slippers on your feet.


Sunday, January 15, 2012

Welcome Rory!


Today marks the arrival of a new addition to the kennel.

Rory is a 1 1/2 year old female Alaskan husky from excellent bloodlines (Butcher, Gilbertson, Ellis, Streeper).

Jacob, one of my main leaders is 10 years old which makes this racing season his last. So, Rory is his replacement; she has quite the harness to fill.

I think she can do it though. Rory is full of life and seems to be a very confident "go get 'em" type of dog--both desirable qualities in a leader.

Oh, and did I mention that she likes to jump?

Rory has already acquired the nickname of "Rory The Flying Dog"


Her young age means I've got my work cut out for me for the rest of the year. Although she may be an adult physically, she is just a puppy in the sled dog world. She does have some experience in harness but I am going to start from the ground up with her training to be sure I don't leave anything out.

Both the dogs and I are excited about Rory's arrival. We look forward to the coming days, weeks, months and hope that Rory can become a permanent addition to the Small 'N' Mighty Racing Team.

So without further ado, we say welcome, Rory. Welcome to our home.

1 comment: