Welcome to the blog of a teen and her life with 9 dogs!
These ramblings are best read with a hot cuppa' coffee in your hand and warm slippers on your feet.


Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Give Me Snow or Give Me Death!"

Ok, well maybe the title is a bit dramatic but you get the point. 

Yes, I know it is still August but dreams of snowflakes and frigid mornings are dancing in my head already. I've been looking through photos and videos from past race seasons and I want it to snow. 
NOW.

Or at least the temperatures could be lower. Like 45 degrees F. That would be fantastic!

But no, the weather man calls for low 80s for the next five days with lows of 60 degrees. I couldn't even get up at 4am and train if I wanted to. :P

*Sigh* I guess it will be here soon enough. Not soon enough for me but soon enough.


Below are a few of the pics I've been drooling over...


This is the end of my driveway in the middle of winter about 4 years ago. I think that particular winter was the best since I got into sled dogs. The temps never went above 20 degrees F all of January and we had more than enough snow. I wish these winters would come back...



Our first victory race, the Indian River Sprint in January of 2011. It was only me and another team in the class but eh, who's counting... lol XD


The team and I running in Atlanta last year. This was our first race with the M.U.S.H. club and we had a blast! We hope to do a few more of their races this season... and maybe join the club!


This is how we roll in the winter time. Not your typical fancy dog trailer but it works. It's a royal pain in the butt though; getting in and out of the van every time I drop dogs or need something. After a race weekend, I usually come home with bruises on my knees from getting in and out of the van so many times. 
I dream of having an actual dog box someday...



Us running in the Kinross Classic last year. 



Some of the dogs staked out at the Kalkaska Winterfest in 2011. 



Me in the starting chute at my second race, the Kalkaska Winterfest.



Jacob's house was nearly buried in a snow storm a couple of years ago.



The dog yard 2 winters ago. This was the morning after a snow storm, I think...




2 comments:

  1. Great pics. I cannot wait for snow, either. My dogs and I also LOVE winter.

    ReplyDelete