Welcome to the blog of a teen and her life with 9 dogs!
These ramblings are best read with a hot cuppa' coffee in your hand and warm slippers on your feet.


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Old Days: A Few Photos from the Past and A Bit of Rambling

I was busy organizing all of my million ba'jillion pictures on my computer when I came across some old pictures of when I first got into sled dogs and even a couple of life before the "Mush Bug" took over. 

I thought I would post them since I don't usually post very many pictures on here. 

Plus I have a few pictures from a just-for-fun photo shoot I did with the dogs yesterday. (my camera mysteriously started working again...)

Enjoy!




Might as well start with the very beginning, right? This is me in a kiddie race at the Mackinaw Mush when I was about 4 years old.
Whats funny is now when I look at these pictures, I think I recognize some of the people and dog trucks. lol

This is me in the same kiddie race when I was 3. I think I tried doing the kiddie race every year until I was too old. I don't remember what year I stopped...



This picture was taken about 8 years ago. The only dog we still have in this picture is Ruby, the one in the front. (She had a cast on her leg
From left to right there is Lakota, who was a mix breed female that my sister brought home from the shelter.

Jesse was a German Shepherd mix female that my mom got from some guy in the U.P. She was my dog after my first dog, Willow died. Jesse accompanied my family and I on our trip to Alaska in 2000.

Jenny was a mix breed female that my other sister got from the fair.



Here's the team on the trail in the fall of 2010. This was almost a year after Jacob and Salsa arrived at the kennel and a month or so before Jazz and Cougar came home from the shelter.



The above and below pictures are of Heidi, my old Beagle. We brought her home from a breeder in 2007, I think? Sadly, she was hit by a car a couple of years ago. :(





This was my "dog yard" when I first got into sled dogs. I made the houses out of old pallets, carpets, and tarps that we had lying around the yard. The dogs were inside dogs but I wanted to be able to say I had a dog yard so I made this mainly for decoration... and it changed at least once a week. It gave me something to do while I waited on my mom to finally say yes to getting huskies. lol




Here's Ruby and Ellie the fall before our first race. I was going to enter the Mackinaw Mush with these two in the 2-dog junior class until I got Jacob and Salsa. It was probably a good thing for Ruby's sake that I didn't run her; I don't know how long she would've lasted. She was kind of a "I'll run when I want to" dog.



Now for the recent pictures...mainly of just the dogs being goofy in the backyard. :)































No comments:

Post a Comment